Friday, October 12, 2007

 
THE PUSH

Roger and I keep chipping away on the unfinished projects. Hopefully we'll have most of them complete before the really cold weather drives us indoors.


Roger finished connecting the electricity to the new greenhouse. He put the light fixture on a double switch so the lights can be turned off and on from either entrance to the greenhouse.








He put in three boxes along each side wall and three across the ceiling. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with the 18 outlets. I suppose I could hook up all of the Christmas lights we got last year but maybe not. The neighbors already think we're weird. On the upside, we won't need to use surge strips.







I bought three of these barrels at auction last month ($5.00 for all three... Yippee). We're going to use them as a source of passive solar heat for the greenhouse. Once four of the cypress blocking the greenhouse are cut back it should work well. It stays surprisingly warm in the greenhouse. The barrels get even warmer on sunny days. I'll be moving some of my hardier plants into the greenhouse this next week. The test will begin once the thermometer really starts to drop.




I finished insulating two of the outer walls in the barn. Even with the ceiling insulation still to be done, it seems to be a bit cozier in the barn or possibly I've been breathing too much fiberglass. The wafer board walls will go up in the next couple of weeks.



Roger put up racks to hold some of the lumber we had cluttering the floor. I put up shelves; with the wrong screws of course. I think the ones I used would have worked (at least they were working). We replaced all of the screws the next day. I do try you know.

We're hoping to get the floor clear enough that we can move the trailer indoors for the winter. We just might make it. At least we can see the floor now.







The Art Studio is one step closer to being finished. It's really working out well for teaching classes (when I have any students). In the interim it costs us very little to maintain.

I used the scroll saw to cut out the edges of the door sills. I had forgotten just how much fun it was to use the scroll saw.







Roger will be attending Solar School next week. We'll then know what we're going to do with the solar panels.

We've done a lot of work on our little piece of paradise this last year. It is exciting to watch it all come together.













Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?