Saturday, May 31, 2008
We just can't avoid an auction. I guess it's our siren song calling us to our doom. We picked this up at the WSU auction last week. Supposedly it will be used to store small parts that currently reside on various surfaces inside of the barn (and elsewhere).
Yep, it's one of those library card files (decommissioned of course). We had to remove all 256 drawers in order to move the cabinet. When we put them back it wasn't necessary to return the drawers to the same hole they were removed from. The workmanship on the cabinet is really excellent.
The WSU auction had three of these cabinets for sale. We've looked at them several times over the past few months. Until this last week the price never wavered. They went on the auction block this past week and I couldn't resist. I picked up one of the cabinets for little more than 1/10th the asking price. Yippee!
We finally got it moved a couple of days ago. Even with the drawers removed it was still too heavy for me to try to help. Thank goodness Josh was here working in Roger's workshop. He and Roger got it moved while I supervised.