Sunday, January 20, 2008

 
Baby, It's Cold Outside


Earlier this winter Roger told me he could hardly wait until it snowed. Now Roger is doing 'his thing' (he's been looking forward to this all winter). He loves to ride the tractor and plow the snow.

This is the third or fourth time this winter that he's had to plow the road and, I think the task is no longer a novelty.

I believe I heard a little bit of a grumble this last time. Or, was that just thunder?



BTW: As a side note. Has anyone ever heard thunder and seen lightning during a snow storm? Well, I did and I couldn't believe it. Wow, I guess there's a first time for everything.

I feed the birds every winter. We have a large variety; mostly Finches, Flickers and Doves and of course Magpies who not only eat the seed but also the cat food. I think they'd eat the dog if they had the chance.








I go through about 50 pounds of bird seed in a 4-5 week period. That's a lot for the bird seed, even with the Magpies. I finally found out why...








See if you can do a head count on the California Quail. I counted twenty three at one point and there were still more rushing across the back yard toward the feeder. It was as if someone suddenly rang the dinner bell.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?