Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 
PROJECT: STUDIO/LIBRARY/EXERCISE ROOM

I did fail to mention that we are renovating one of the rooms in our home. You might remember the pool room as it appeared when you last saw it. Roger and I rarely use the pool (the Jacuzzi is more our style).





We vacillated back and forth for awhile because the grandchildren like to use the pool. But, like my studio in town, we can no longer justify the expense of upkeep.





I think the decision to convert the pool room became 'etched in stone' when the trusses and the rim joists arrived.


First Roger drained the pool and removed the liner.
Then he removed the coping and braced in the joists.
The WSU Rowing Team helped Roger put the rim joists in place. I don't know how we would have done it otherwise. Thank you gentlemen.

Today the sub flooring arrived. Once we determine the placement of the joists the sub floor will go in. The joists will eventually be held in place with concrete bolts. I don't think the two-by-fours Roger has supporting them would last very long. Those joists are heavy. Let's see... today is the 14th and the room has to be ready by April 1st.

BTW: My lease is up on March 31st and we need to move all the furniture in the studio to the new office/exercise room/studio before then. I think we have our work cut out for us.
On top of all that, we have 12 new trees to plant. I think we need more help...

Comments:
RELAX: Life is too short to worry about timetables ... unless you are catching a train!
 
You removed the pool.. Ahhh.. :( oh well.. Keep it updated .
 
No, the pool is still there. I would say that it's just not suitable for swimming any longer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?