Monday, January 02, 2006

 


We finally got Roger’s Christmas present hung on the wall. I don’t usually go for this type of art work but it fits him and it does look great in the den.

I think he fell in love with the image when we went to the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition at the university. For a “gadget” guy it’s sometimes difficult to find something that he would like that he doesn’t already have. He talked about the print for days after the exhibition. But, after awhile he ceased to talk and just moved onto the next object of his interest.

About a month later we attended a dinner that was prepared by the Culinary
Arts students at the university. The food was excellent and the wine was wonderful. The entire experience gave me a whole new appreciation of fine wines and great food.

The walls of the hall where the dinner was held were decorated with Lichtenstein prints and his fascination with the artist’s work began all over again. I did the only thing I could think of doing. I went on-line and found the print and ordered it. The perfect gift was to come framed for an additional charge of $88.00. How could I loose?

Then I received an E-mail from the Art Store. They don’t ship framed prints internationally. So, I got it unframed. What a disappointment. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with an unframed print. Fortunately, I found a frame shop right here in Pullman. Unfortunately, it cost me almost twice what I paid for the print to have the **** framed.

But you know when Roger unwrapped the framed prints I thought he was going to cry. It was the perfect gift and is worth every penny.

Comments:
Thanks again, Jacquie. The prints are one of the nicest gifts I have ever received. They are an outstanding addition to our growing art collection.

I love you for being so resourceful in buying the prints and having them framed so appropriately.

I love you for many more reasons, too ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?